Allen Adamson is a noted industry expert in all disciplines of branding. He has worked with a broad spectrum of … Continue reading Allen Adamson on Securing Deals with Storytelling, Preparation, and Agency-Client SynergyREAD MORE
The Masterminds & Creativity Behind Cazoo’s Incredible Launch: Lucas Bergmans
Lucas was most recently Group Marketing Director at Cazoo, a used car start-up founded in early 2019 with a mission to transform the way people buy used cars. From national launch in early 2020, Cazoo has now sold over 120,000 cars, has over £1.2bn in annual revenues and over 80% awareness in the UK. He spent the first 15 years of his Marketing career on major FMCG brands such as Old El Paso, Haagen-Dazs, Heineken and Pepsi. The last eight years have been spent in marketing leadership roles at MoneySuperMarket, Aviva and Cazoo.
We’ll hear about the secrets behind assembling a competent team, the importance of empathy and transparency in business negotiations, and the practical aspects of building a digital business. Lucas also shares the negotiation tactics that he has acquired throughout his career.
Topics covered during this episode include:
- How Lucas was able to massively grow Cazoo in such a short time span.
- Why assembling a team of internal and agency experts with empathy and a customer-centric mindset is particularly crucial in a digital business.
- How Lucas maintained transparency while negotiating commercial structures.
- The reason why and when sector expertise isn’t necessary and can be a hindrence.
- How crafting contracts based on transparency laid a strong foundation for agency relationships.
- How to balance working and non-working expenditure while scaling a business.
- Maintaining an open and transparent relationship with agencies.
- How Lucas extracted maximum commercial value from media deals with negotiation tactics.
- How he used an alternative approach to agency selection, saving time and energy.
- How he ensured transparency in media costs and aligned agency incentives.
- Why having an entrepreneurial spirit helped Cazoo obtain maximum value from its spending.
- How he used open and transparent relationships to negotiate creative media deals.
- Why keeping agencies as close to the business as possible is necessary for growth.
Lucas Bergmans on Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lucasbergmans-cmo
Stephen Cribbett, co-founder of Versiti, is a seasoned expert in business development and crafting winning business proposals. His background includes … Continue reading Crafting Top-Notch Business Proposals with Stephen CribbettREAD MORE